Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 1:
I am writing in response to your advertisement for the position of Sales Associate, and would like to submit my resume for the position. With over 3 years of experience in sales and a 2-year diploma in Sales and Customer service, I believe I have all the capabilities required for becoming an integral part of your sales team.
For the past two years I have been associated with Big Shop, a Boston-based discount retail store. In my current position as a Sales Associate, I am responsible for generating sales, maintaining outstanding customer service, merchandising products, and supporting the in-house store management team.
My major responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring each customer receives quality service
- Maintaining awareness of all advertisements and promotions
- Executing the daily day-to-day goals and priorities set by the management
- Upholding the store’s high cleanliness standards
- Participating in the processing of new shipments
- Assisting the warehouse team in keeping the stock receiving area and the back stock area organized and clean
- Assisting in training, monitoring, and development of new recruits
- Ensuring compliance to safety policy defined by the store management team
- Assisting customers in locating items and answering their queries related to products sold in the store
- Providing information to customers on store’s procedures and policies
Conscious of customers’ needs, I always strive to provide them with prompt and high-quality service. On numerous occasions, I have received recognition from the management for my ability to go out of the way to serve customers better. I possess excellent listening and oral communication skills, two qualities that I believe are paramount for this job.
My resume, attached with this application, highlights my professional skills, achievements, and qualifications in greater detail. I hope you will grant me an opportunity to meet you in person to discuss my application further.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 2:
Your advertisement for the job of Sales Associate caught my attention, as the listed requirements match perfectly with my professional background. I have got three years of experience in commercial real estate industry. This along with my educational background, a 4 year Bachelor degree in Sales and Marketing, I believe will allow me to bring the expertise you need for this job.
During my tenure with Red Street Corporation, with whom I have been employed for the last 2 years, I have established myself as a successful sales person. My current key responsibilities include, among others, the following:
- Upgrading services to allow inclusion of other product offers
- Discussing research, subscription pricing offers, and service levels
- Setting up conference calls between company’s clients and research team
- Acquiring and effectively communicating responses to questions asked by clients
- Assisting with transitioning of new clients from salespersons to account managers
- Assisting Marketing team in creation of new marketing ideas.
- Assisting Marketing team in development of effective client programs
- Providing feedback from clients to evaluate possible refinements to offered products and the requirement for new products
In addition to the above job-related skills, I offer you:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with computers (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Key understanding of the financial industry (hedge funds, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
My inherent competitive nature and sales-driven personality work to my added advantage and allow me to successfully achieve, and often surpass the set sales targets. On several occasions I have been rewarded by the management for my outstanding work, the most notable being the ‘Sales Person of the Year’ award in 2012.
I am excited about working with such an esteemed firm as yours and hope to meet you soon to discuss your specific needs and my ability to meet them.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am very interested in the opportunity for employment with your company as an Entry Level Sales Associate.
I am a young, enthusiastic, and self motivated individual who is eager to succeed. While this would be my first time working in sales, I am confident I can learn quickly and make an immediate impact on the team at your company. I am looking for a young and energetic work environment, one in which will allow me to demonstrate and grow my skills which I feel your company can provide.
My previous work experience has supplied me knowledge that can be easily applied to the retail sector. I am a proficient user of Microsoft Excel, a program in which I spent countless hours with during my Psychology studies. I have been put in high stress, fast paced, and dynamic situations and I work very well under pressure. As an employee in the restaurant industry I have learned the value of providing excellent communication and customer service which are skills that directly correlate to the retail Industry.
Going forward, I feel as if my background, personality, and drive are suitable for employment within your store. I hope to have the opportunity to grow my professional career with your company and I’m confident that I can be an asset to your growing team.
Thank you for taking the time to review my application and cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you.
Retail Sales Associate Cover Letter
Retail Sales Associates are responsible for sales activities in a retail store. These employees handle sales from lead generation to closing and are required to go the extra mile to meet client expectations. Examples of Retail Sales Associate duties include: approaching potential customers, identifying customer needs, updating their knowledge of products and services, collaborating with coworkers, ensuring customer service, and maintaining a trust relationship with customers.
Based on our collection of Retail Sales Associate cover letter samples, the most sought-after skills for this position include:
- Selling skills
- Proved track of over-achieving sales quota
- Stamina and perseverance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-confidence and enthusiasm
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details and an observant manner
Below is provided an example Retail Sales Associate cover letter showcasing similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Retail Sales Associate Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Newlon:
Upon learning of your posting for a Retail Sales Associate, I was eager to forward my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated retail professional with strong leadership and interpersonal abilities combined with expertise in visual merchandising and customer service, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Paisley Patterns’ goals in this role.
My background includes spearheading inventory management, needs assessment, and register operations to drive sales and customer service success. From implementing effective retail sales strategies to achieving top sales performances, I excel at collaborating with cross-functional teams and exceeding corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Excelling in 6-year tenure as a Retail Sales Associate for The Kitchen Store, demonstrating a deep understanding of effective sales, merchandising, and customer service strategies to achieve dynamic sales and revenue enhancement.
- Exhibiting a hands-on approach to retail sales, implementing high-impact initiatives and strategies to propel sales performance.
- Proven dedication to ensuring customer service excellence, resulting in solid customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Exceptional communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, with a personable demeanor and a keen attention to detail.
My skills in sales, customer relationship management, and general retail store operations are proven, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Mary A. Rabon